View Single Post
Old 07-11-2016, 01:20 AM   #17
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Yeah Cuban has been exposed w/out the safety net of being able to take on contracts and outspend all but a few teams. He misread the new CBA with characteristic hubris and then maybe started meddling even more post 'ship then he had previous. All of the advance metric stuff didn't exactly lead to an overhaul of scouting the draft approach. Wish he'd pored more of his $ into the very best scouting and less into plush towels and playstations for the players.
I don't disagree that he misread the salary cap landscape post-championship, but let's be fair... nobody knew the NBA was going to get that historic TV deal either. For all we knew, we'd be sitting at a $65-75M cap in perpetuity. Doesn't excuse all of the failed maneuvering, but it is worth noting.

And I think something we seem to be doing right this summer is signing virtually everybody we get to multi-year deals. Even if it's end-of-roster league minimum guys, having control like that over the long-term is going to be really valuable. It remains to be seen if Barnes is worth the investment, but I'm glad we're at least rolling the dice on him.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote