View Single Post
Old 03-24-2023, 11:13 PM   #1053
JustHeb

JustHeb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Yep that is why I wasn't mad with Frank playing tonight

Having him and Bullock on the floor together tonight actually helped the defense better than other wing tandems they used

Neither guy is a great defender but it was the effort that helped

Kyrie is too little so I can't really blame him especially with him down there trying to fight P.J. Washington in the paint often.

Luka plays defense when he wants which is very seldom. If he played with the same effort half the game that he played with on that block shot he made the team would be much better off but Luka doesn't give a shit about defensive effort 90% of the game.

Powell and kleber is a shit fest inside defensively. You could get better rim protection from two traffic cones.

The last time we saw Mcgee he was battling Sabonis and surprisingly he defended him well and contested everything at the rim.

Dude will pick up fouls often but I can live with that as opposed to seeing the damn shit out of Powell and kleber inside the paint

I really don't understand Kidd's logic

He'll play those two guys together but he won't even try to play McGee and Wood together. At the very least the latter two would at least help your rebounding issues if played together and you'd probably get a few more block shots at rim with them

Hell you could even hide them in zone defense where all they have to do is clog up the middle together

The entire organization is fucked up right now starting with the owner
Completely agree.

IMO, Kidd?s current thought process is, f?it, let?s just try to outscore people with Luka and Kyrie. At this point watching them together, they don?t mesh well. One needs to play uptempo and the other thrives slowing things down. We aren?t out scoring anyone without great defense from the other three players playing with them, IMO.

It?s time to try what things look like with Luka, Kyrie, two great defensive wings (Bullock and Green), and a true rim protector (McGee). This is simply common sense. Why it?s taken Kidd this long is confusing.

Last edited by JustHeb; 03-24-2023 at 11:17 PM.
JustHeb is offline   Reply With Quote