View Single Post
Old 11-14-2004, 06:03 PM   #24
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future
Default RE:jasonterryneedstostart

I've only got a couple of minor rags on Terry,

1) Every time he's standing at the top of the key getting ready to start the offensive set, he dribbles it like four times between his legs. Granted he's got good handles, but this isn't high school anymore. I've seen more than once where Terry's doing his thing and the opposing PG just lunges in and takes the ball for a layup on the other end.

2) Stop hesitating when you're driving!!! He's being so careful about the turnovers that he's not taking it to the hole like he should be. He always dribbles in a few feet, pauses, then looks to make the exit pass. Take it to the hole, draw the help side defender, then dish it out after you've cleared the lane for the perimeter shot or the dunk.

But I digress as these are definitely things I think he'll fix once he gets more comfortable running the offense. I love what Terry brings to the team and I think it was a really stand-up thing for him to accept the bench role. I absolutely agree that Nellie should start this guy, he's earned it with his sportsmanship and with his play (this guy is proving to be a strong spot-up three-point shooter in the image of a Michael Finley, 46% on the season thus far). Devin Harris is good but he should only be getting 15-18 min. a night coming in to back up Terry, and I see that happening as the season progresses. Devin's good but there are too many instances where he makes rookie mistakes (like 'Quis and Howard last year). Interesting that we've got a rookie and two 2nd years in our starting line-up, not that there's anything wrong with that.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote