View Single Post
Old 11-23-2004, 12:19 AM   #202
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all
Default RE:Wolves vs. Mavs Gameday Thread 11/22

I don't want to see Nellie fired though I am disappointed with how he has used Dampier this year. This team has the personnel to be great and I really like how the young players are progressing. We need to remember that this team will be a work in progress for the next month or two even with a healthy Dirk and Fin. I just want to see this team run an offense like the 80's Lakers or Celts. They could pound the ball inside and get good open jumpers as a result. They could key their fastbreaks off of good defense and still be effective in the halfcourt sets. For the last 2 years the halfcourt sets have been ineffective due to always pressing and taking quick shots. Tonight, they tried to run clock (which is good) but were unable to get decent shots. Certainly, if Dirk were healthy they would have won this game. For them to be a championship club it is my opinion that they need to junk the first open jumper philosophy and play a traditional halfcourt game when the fastbreak isn't available. They can still run other teams off of the court, but they need to be able to milk the clock and seal the win as well.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote