Thread: 300
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2007, 09:43 AM   #42
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
i read a review that said if they played the slow-mo in real-time, the movie would be about 45 minutes long.

but i'm still trying to see it tonight. i'm still pumped.
ha ha! after seeing it, I thought up the same line to post here.

This movie kicks butt. I think I'll make the drive next week to see it on IMAX. It does look very cool, it's got a few great characters, and its a great story told well. Maybe to many severed body parts than is necessary to tell the story, but it is war. It's got a couple flaws (the abundance of slow-mo felt like a perfume commercial at times, and I was left with a couple plot questions). It's no Braveheart, and not quite Gladiator. But it does a good job of putting Troy, Kingdom of Heaven, and Alexander to shame.

The review flacolaco posted is hilarious. I think there is a vicous debate among some reviewers about whether the movie is extremely pro-bush, or extremely anti-bush (the slate.com one is hilariously anti). Of course the movie-makers say don't be stupid. You would think that if both sides of an argument are claiming something as entirely representative of their side, maybe it's not really representative of either.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote