View Single Post
Old 08-27-2002, 05:39 PM   #10
David
Golden Member

David is on a distinguished road

<< David, how exactly did you know the Mavs weren't interested in either of them? You work in the Mavs front office now? >>

I guess you want me to repeat myself.

The reason the Mavs weren't interested in Willis, a 40 year old PF/C, other than age is:

The Mavs have Raef, Dirk, Bradley and Esch ALREADY under contract.

The reason the Mavs weren't interested in Hudson:

The Mavs have Nash, NVE and AJ already under contract.

<< This guy obviously fits the Wolves system, why would they sign him David? >>

The TWolve need a PG for sure. Brandon may be finished. Why sign Hudson? Perhaps their PGs weren't turning the ball over enough to suit them.

<< Everyone don't think like you, some people actually have logic as to what they are doing. >>

If the drivel you put out passes for logic...

<< They wouldn't throw the money at the guy that he signed for, if they didn't feel he would help them. >>

The TWolves can sign all the spare PGs they want. It's good for the Mavs.

<< I said in 1 of the previous posts that the Mavs shouldn't just sign anyone, but I take it Cuban/Nellie have valid reasons when signing someone. >>

You've been going on and on and boohooing about the Mavs not signing &quot;a&quot; player. Now you are backtracking.

<< If you take a second to listen at what you are saying, you will see how funny it is. If the Mavs signed someone, do you think they do it just to be doing it? Of course not, they are smart enough to sign a player that can help this team. >>

Once again you have been crying because the Mavs haven't signed anyone and posting about every spare that gets signed. Don't worry there will be enough end-of-the-bench players to go around.

<< Their is plenty of guys out there who can help this team, and that's who I want the Mavs to sign. I have said this, and you know it. Wouldn't you think that if the Mavs signed someone, that they felt he could contribute? >>

Yes, the Mavs know what they are doing, which is what I've been saying. The Mavs are looking to get Lewis first. If they don't sign him, they will fill the bench with SOMEONE who can help them, just not not any of these spares you are crowing about as they get signed for minimum NBA wage.

<< I mean, anyone with limited knowledge of the game knows that. Obviously you don't, or will not admit it. I said the Mavs need to sign someone, and that will only help the team. I think they are smart enough to sign a player that fits the team, I don't know about you! >>

Don't worry, the Mavs will field a team of some sort this year. They will sign some bench players that will hardly get off the bench to &quot;help&quot; the team. Just not any of the retreads and wannabes that you favor.

RW&amp;B, I get the feeling you rode the short bus to school.
David is offline   Reply With Quote