View Single Post
Old 11-09-2006, 12:00 PM   #1
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold
Default AJ on Norm/Ticket earlier today

Heard AJ on Norm few min ago. Few tidbits from that in no particular order:

- On Nellie-Cuban imbroglio and how it impacts him with his relationships with the two: "I'm not party to that. They're both smart people, and hopefully there'll be some quick, amicable resolution it."

- On Devin Harris' development: "He's like a 3rd yr quarterback. Defenses know what his strengths are and try to take it away. He needs to learn how to read defenses better, adjust and grow his game from that... and he's doing that! He just needs to do it more consistently."

- On the newcomers: "Devean obviously had been out with intestinal virus... Cro is clearly not playing well... Buck is up & down... AJ has been playing OK. It just takes time sometimes for players to come in and adjust to a new system."

- Whether the 0-4 start is partly due to the manner in which the team lost the finals after leading 2-0 there: "I can see some similarities in how we seem to be losing in the 4th quarter of all games. We talked about it but more importantly we just need to go out there and put up a consistent 48-min effort. We need to stay positive and realize that we're just in a bad 6-day stretch. We won 60 games last year and we've been farther in playoffs than any previous Maverick team... may be that's why no one talks about the poor 30-day stretch we had last March. We did have a poor 6-day stretch during the finals, we know that... and we're having a poor 6-day stretch now. But we'll come out of it and we'll be fine."

Overall, I thought he sounded a bit concerned and confused at the current play of his team and, at the same time, a bit calm & confident as if knowing that this phase will pass and the true Maverick team will show up soon!
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote