View Single Post
Old 03-30-2005, 08:36 AM   #11
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Johnson pondering playoff rotation

Quote:
Originally posted by: Movie Phone
i agree with spiral...quis has been struggling lately, but PLEASE do not leave this guy out. hes a badass. simply put..dont jump off his bandwagon now just cause hes struggling. expect marquis to start turning it up a notch now. this guy has to much talent to be considered a "10th man". thats an insult
I honestly don't know that we can say that about Quis right now. I think he's at a very crucial point in his career starting next year. Regardless of why, be it injury or whatever, you have to consider this year a failure. So he's had one successful season, and that was under Nelson's wide open, matchup intensive offense. There were rumblings when we resigned him that the might only work in that kind of offense.

I'm not saying he can't be successful for us, but I think to ASSUME that he's going to come around and be a good player in Avery's system is probably not wise.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote