View Single Post
Old 04-08-2016, 11:15 AM   #57
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

The last time Howard got even 10 fga's was march 12th. That's 13 straight games where he has gotten under 10 shot attempts and 5 of those games he had less than 5 shot attempts. Not making excuses for him but it's hard to stay engaged on a nightly basis and bring high level energy and effort to the boards when he is being totally ignored on the offensive end. Harden can give 0 effort on defense, play loose with the ball, dribble the clock out and pass to teammates late in clock for stat padding assists... and he gets talked about as a top 5 player. Howard is supposed to do all the dirty work and then be ignored on offense and listen to how he has a poor attitude and is declining physically while Harden goes clubbing 30mins after a crucial loss in a playoff race? I think a change of scenery is all he needs. If Zaza can be a double double machine here Howard can easily be that. And he would be engaged because the Mavs offense isn't predicated on one player stat padding to justify himself and anyone who plays with poor effort on defense gets to hear from a locker room full of vets who won't tolerate it.

--Edit--
As an aside I'm for chasing Howard but not because I like him necessarily. It's only because I view him as the best of a group of poor options in this years class. And "chasing him" doesn't cause us to miss out on anyone of paramount need imo as there is no pg outside of conley that would be an upgrade and aside from Howard there is no Center that matches next to Dirk, or Parsons if he is kept, that I would pay big money to.

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 04-08-2016 at 11:19 AM.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote