View Single Post
Old 04-08-2016, 12:19 PM   #60
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
The last time Howard got even 10 fga's was march 12th. That's 13 straight games where he has gotten under 10 shot attempts and 5 of those games he had less than 5 shot attempts. Not making excuses for him but it's hard to stay engaged on a nightly basis and bring high level energy and effort to the boards when he is being totally ignored on the offensive end.
It's almost criminal how Dwight Howard has been ignored on the offensive end since he's been in Houston... When he signed there, the idea was that he and Harden would be a 1A/1B situation, but since then Howard has basically been the 3rd or 4th scoring option. Like, why even bother signing him if you're not going to take advantage of what he can do on the offensive end (especially since most of the league is ill-equipped to defend his type nowadays)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
As an aside I'm for chasing Howard but not because I like him necessarily. It's only because I view him as the best of a group of poor options in this years class. And "chasing him" doesn't cause us to miss out on anyone of paramount need imo as there is no pg outside of conley that would be an upgrade and aside from Howard there is no Center that matches next to Dirk, or Parsons if he is kept, that I would pay big money to.
That's pretty much how I feel about it too - he's the best (or least-worst) of limited options, plus he seems like the most attainable... I mean, he and Parsons are starting to look like they might come as a packaged deal this summer, and it's probably safe to cross Houston off their list of destinations (Howard has made it pretty clear that he won't be back). There are other teams that might make sense, like Orlando, but Parsons has a pretty good thing going here, seeing as how Cuban is willing to pay him like a franchise player and Carlisle is trying to mold him into one -- where else is he going to get a vote of confidence like that before he's even proven himself? If anything, the way he's been treated by this franchise should be be a big motivator to try to bring Dwight to Dallas, rather than signing elsewhere.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote