View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 05:25 PM   #19
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I buy into the team totally. I think it's a great team, with or without Roddy. Hopefully it's even better with him.

Unfortunately, we are very unlucky to be playing in an NBA where there are a few other teams that have consolidated incredible talent (and two of those teams, the Lakers and Celtics, are also very well coached). Not believing we can win a championship has a lot less to do with my lack of belief in the Mavs than recognizing how talented and tested a few of those other teams are.

This Mavs team is better (or at least far more talented) than the 2006 team and the 2007 team, IMO. From the coach all the way down to the 12th guy. The difference is the rest of the league at the top.
The thing that I would say to this is the big difference in the year: the defense. It's imperative that they defensive mentality sticks and they perform. For years, people have been saying they have had the talent and they were just missing defense...the problem was, people overreacted and we really didn't even have the right people. It looks like we do this year, now the defense needs to stick and it changes the ballgame because the talent is really there.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 12-18-2010 at 05:26 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote