View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 10:23 PM   #42
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_o_r View Post
Can't go that route because his offense/lack of aggression on offense would make him a prime target of the defense down the stretch. Just like defenses target Mayo/Collison with traps, teams would leave Roddy open for a shot.
Not discounting the likelihood that defenses will adopt the strategy of daring Booby to score...I just don't see how that's any worse than Collison repeatedly $#!tting the bed with his turnovers (as SMC so aptly put it), creating fast break opportunities and trips to the line for the other team. And at any rate, with Booby moving better than he has in the last two years, I'd be willing to take the chance that with a slightly longer leash he'd start to rediscover a more aggressive offensive groove.

None of which is to say that I'm opposed to Collison getting more closing opportunities. In the long run it's probably in the Mavs' best interest if he can work his way through those late-game hiccups.