Thread: JJ Reddick
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2006, 06:45 AM   #73
JWill88888

JWill88888 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely PSU Mavs Fan
Steve Kerr never did anything else particularly well except shoot, and he had a decent career. A player that is lights-out from 3 pt. land has a place in the NBA. I dont think he will be an all-star or anything, but i think he has potential to be as good or better than Kerr.
comparing jj redick to steve kerr??? r u kidding me??? the nba's all time leading 3 pt percentage shooter???

redick is having a career year from 3 point land at ONLY 43%, way below Kerr's 51% in college and still below Kerr's career average from the more difficult nba 3 point line.

redick just set the all time ncaa record for 3 pointers, by passing guys who had no nba career to speak of. seriously, who's heard of curtis staples? now this doesnt necessarily mean anything but it is worth noting.

JJ succeeds IF AND ONLY IF:

1) JJ lands on a championship caliber team
2) JJ gets his 3 screens per shot
3) JJ doesn't have to actually expend energy playing D
4) JJ doesn't have to actually HANDLE the rock
5) JJ is given his "fair share of touches" so he's happy
6) JJ has at least 2 real stars on his team so he's not the focus of the D in the NBA
7) JJ gets the calls
8) JJ masters THE FLOP
9) JJ gets open shots

you get the point.

im a huge college bball fan and i love watching the guy play at duke but his game just doesnt translate to the next level IMO. he reminds me of steve alford way too much, except that alford didnt seem to fall down everytime he shot the ball.
JWill88888 is offline   Reply With Quote