View Single Post
Old 06-24-2004, 02:12 PM   #43
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: The ESPN Draft Special in minutes after the Cubs/Cards game

Quote:
The stats at NBA.com shows Stack is a career 40% shooter while Jamison is a career 45% shooter.
Again, when you're discussing someone's offensive efficiency true shooting percentage is a better index than fg%. I gave you the formula to compute it from the stats at NBA.com and you come back to me with...fg%, which I've already told you is an inferior index of offensive efficiency when compared to true shooting percentage. (why do i feel like I'm repeating myself here)
Quote:
I never said that Jamison was a better free throw shooter than Jamison.
I know you never said AJ was a better free throw shooter. My point, in fact, was exactly the opposite; namely that the stats you were quoting were ignoring free throw shooting.
Quote:
I'm going by how they shoot from the field and Jamison is more effecient than Stack.
If you're interested in evaluating a player's offensive efficiency true shooting percentage...oh, never mind. I give up.
Quote:
I hope every other GM in the league thinks like you maybe we can dump Stack on someone and it'll bring Shaq in here.
Me too.