View Single Post
Old 01-20-2004, 03:31 PM   #17
Chicago JK

Chicago JK will become famous soon enough
Default RE:Baby Bulls On the Block? (Mavs Mentioned)

I have been in favor of no big trades yet, but either of Chicago's bigs would interest me. I don't see a match with Chicago though. I don't think we have what they would want. Either Chicago big has a lot of questions but I think they would be worth the gamble. Curry has showed some flashes. His weight could be a problem in the future, but I think he has to get out of Chicago. He grew up in the city and I think he would be best to grow up away from all his homies. Curry has very good feet, a good body and a nice touch. There is no reason why he can't develop into a upper tier center. Work ethic seems to be a concern though.

Chandler is further advance of the two due to his superior pure athletic ability. Something always struck me about Chandler though. I just have a feeling he will underachieve. With that being said, I would be all over him. He is a legit 7'1 who could cause a whole lot of trouble on the defensive end of the court. I don't know if he will ever have a go to offensive move. His build is similar to KG but he lacks the offensive skills KG has. If he can stay healthy and dedicates himself to the gym than he too will be very good.

I would trade AJ and Howard for either one plus Crawford and a bad salary. I really like both Howard and AJ but that would be one of the moves that I would hold my breath and gamble on.

Paxson is an idiot if he trades either big. If I was GM I would make sure if they flop that it would be on my watch. Heck they were Krause picks, so you can always pile on him. The potential is too great to throw overboard either of these two. Chicago has Heinrich who is a nice player. They will have another high pick this year. Let these kids learn to play with eachother and cross your fingers that the lightbulbs come on.
Chicago JK is offline   Reply With Quote