View Single Post
Old 11-04-2004, 01:35 AM   #198
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Mavs @ New Orleans Gameday thread

Mavericks Head Coach Don Nelson

About the game:

I don’t know what it was about tonight, I just think that we had a game under our belt helped us out tonight. That is why I felt more confident about tonight’s game than last nights (game). In my years of coaching, I’ve never seen my team come in to another place on a home opener and win this easy.

About the play of Jerry Stackhouse:

I thought Stack was great. I love him as a sixth man; I’ve always loved him coming off the bench. I didn’t have to burn up (Michael) Finley’s minutes with the way Stack played.

Mavericks Guard Michael Finley:

You get in a game like this where the offense comes easy and you forget about playing defense. It puts pressure on your offense to score. Coach (Nelson) called some timeouts to settle us down. Jason Terry and Jerry Stackhouse came in off the bench and gave us energy. They give us power off the bench. The Hornets put Baron (Davis) on me in the second half to try to rough me up, to be aggressive against me. I took the challenge head on. I ran him off screens.

Mavericks Guard Jason Terry:

We’re going to spread it around. We have guys that look to make the extra pass. They are so unselfish. We have guys committed to winning. They want to do whatever it takes to win. They are ready to sacrifice. In this situation against the Hornets I feel very comfortable. I know their personnel. They have beaten me so much in the past. I knew what was going to happen. We had the lead at half and I knew they were going to be aggressive in the second half. Could we match their aggressiveness coming out? We did.