View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 06:59 PM   #31
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
I think what we're seeing is just an overall collective lack of discipline from the entire team. Give this team a real training camp under a head coach who actually demands effort from his players instead of coddling them and I guarantee you the defense, Jenkins included, will start forcing more turnovers. Same with the offense scoring in the red zone.
Yeah, I think Jenkins is good too, I was just hypothesizing. Still, saying he's having an "off year" isn't saying much, because its not like Jenkins has a history of "good years". He's had one good season, and one terrible one. I don't think we can look at him quite the same as a vet whose just off to a rough start. I mean, we thought Scandrick was money in his rookie season, but look at where he is right now.

I don't hate Wade, I don't necessarily think he's too light in what he demands as a head coach, but he might be too light in what he demands from this team, who clearly are not the most focused group...to say the least. He's a defensive minded coach, and his responsible is to better than WORST IN THE LEAGUE in forcing turnovers. That's why we're losing games, more than penalties, more than turning the ball over, more than mental errors. We've had a ton of penalties for several years in a row, but we've been good despite them. If we forced turnovers, it wouldn't be as big of a deal when Romo's pass is deflected into the hands of a linebacker.

Its about field position. We are top 5 in offense and defense. Think about that. Top 5 in offense AND defense and we're 1-4. Why? Because we don't get good starting position, drive to the 30, stall, get penalized, and punt. Why? Because we let them take the kick 50 yards, and even though we stop the other team to three and out, they nail a 48 yarder. That's what happens when you don't force turnovers.

edit: Just read this stat: We're 32nd in the league in starting field position. Last. That's ridiculous, and not in a good way.

Last edited by tcat075; 10-19-2010 at 07:01 PM.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote