View Single Post
Old 03-29-2021, 06:10 PM   #19
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
1) It's pretty hard to get a guy talked into choosing you and rejecting others. Good agents simply won't allow that and I'm not sure why a guy like Wood would go out and reject guaranteed money while spoiling his future with other teams just so he might have ended up with us. Would he say yes to the Mavs? Absolutely, but he would have also had to say no to the Rockets and potentially 3-4 other teams. For a guy trying to get his first deal after his rookie contract, he'd be stupid to go out and say that he wouldn't play for any team.

2) We couldn't talk to him without the Pistons' permission until FA season opened and once free agency opened, he was snapped up within an hour. We would have not only have had to do the impossible, but we'd also have had to do it fast.

3) I'm not sure he even was a high priority. I'm surprised so many fans here wanted him so bad. If you listen to Mavs fans, you'd think we had a shortage of starters at three different positions. I'm not sure why the Mavs would offer their entire cap to a guy that plays the position of our max player when we need a starting SG, SF, and PF that offseason.
Are the Mavs the only non-“tampering” team? You don’t really believe that no discussions are had about players until literally the moment FA opens? Teams have openly tampered and not been punished for it. And Wood is a PF who can play Center. He is equal to Powell as a rim roller only longer and more athletic, a better defender and a guy that can space the floor as a 3 point shooter. He is also only making nominally more than Powell. He’s good enough to carry an offense on a night like Saturday when KP and Luka both sit. And also young and good enough to headline a deal for a player like Beal if you want to go that route. That’s what the fuss is about. I like Josh Green more than almost anyone else on this board I reckon and I would’ve done #18+ 10 times out 10 for Wood. Assuming of course that he would want to be here. But the clusterf**k in Houston was already happening when they signed him. If they couldn’t sell him and his agent on Dallas over that mess then that’s a problem.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote