View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 11:32 PM   #1583
DLord

DLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud of

I disagree completely on the assumptions being made about the Orlando owner. Doesn't matter how rich he is, he didn't create a fortune in hopes of seeing it frittered away.

UNTIL THIS SEASON they've been very averse to paying the tax, and I can't imagine him being very thrilled about being convinced of the necessity of going into tax territory and then seeing the massive money that's been wasted on players who rarely play, Gortat and Bass.

If the situation changes where one or both are needed and used extensively later in the season, then he'll be mollified ...but otherwise, I see no way Gortat and his remaining $29M deal aren't HEAVILY shopped in the summer to any taker, and probably Bass as well. Idly tossing $20M in the trash each year (10 for salary, 10 for tax) just to have Gortat and Bass sitting on your bench is not going to be desirable or tolerated imo.
DLord is offline   Reply With Quote