View Single Post
Old 08-12-2004, 06:08 AM   #32
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Surprise.....Civil suit filed against Kobe.....

[quote]
Originally posted by: LRB
Quote:

Somehow this doesn't surprise me at all Epitome. You seem like the type who would be against rape victims rights.
I find this statement wildly inappropriate. If we are to operate at the level you set the parameter at, then you seem like the type who likes to see rich successful black athletes go to jail for having sex with white women.

[quote]
Quote:

Of course reasonable doubt only means that a jury can't convict, it hardly proves Kobe innocent.
No it doesen't prove Kobe innocent, but as long as reasonable doubt exists, it doesen't "prove" Kobe guilty either.

[quote]
Quote:

Add to the fact that the "leaked" evidence has been in Kobe's favor but the victim, her lawyers, and the prosecution are under gag order to reply to it. So you're just hearing one side.

That's correct. Who knows? maybe the prosecution has "nail in the coffin" esque evidence that is equally unbenificial to Kobe. But the information that has been put forth by the defense seems pretty damning to the girl, and the recent attempts by the prosecution to postpone the trial indefinitely seems like a last ditched attempt to save face.

[quote]
Quote:

Make no mistake, Kobe if he gets off will do so because of his wealth and fame, even if by some chance he's innocent, which he's not. It's possible that he may not have raped the girl, but in no way is Kobe innocent. At the very least he's an adulter.
Very well then, try him for adultury. There's a heck of alot of difference between rape and adultury. There's been alot of heroic and noble men AND women throughout history who were guilty of adultury at some point or another. His "adultury" has no bearing on this matter.

[quote]
Quote:

But even if falsely accused Kobe has the money to take care of and protect himself. His accuser does not.
And he should be thankful he has that money. There is a HUGE stigma attached to even being ACCUSED of a crime like this, even if you are aquitted or the charges are proven false.

[quote]
Quote:

What we will see if this criminal trial goes forth is the accuser and not the accused being put on trial. In fact that is already what's happened. Fortunately for Kobe there are a lot of sexist bigots who always look for any excuse to blame the woman. Thanks Epitome for keeping the dream true to form. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
And unfortunately for Kobe there's alot of people out there with serious psychological hangups who like to see people go to jail then for no other reason than that they are rich and successful and are adulturers. I don't have your psychological hangups about wealthy and successful people, your crude assimilations of rape and adultury nor hangups about black athletes fornicating with white women. I'm an American and as an American, I abide by a little thing called the "presumption of innocence" something that exists in our country specifically because of the prevalence of false accusations. "The indictment or formal charge against any person is not evidence of guilt. Indeed, the person is presumed by the law to be innocent." I simply grant kobe that courtesy the same as I would to any American citizen.
Epitome22 is offline   Reply With Quote