View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 09:28 AM   #9
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
You're a better man than I. The only support he'll get from me is a modest lack of criticism.

That's certainly better than Bush got from anyone "across the aisle."
bipartisanism is a two way street... and in the Bush case the street was nuked by turdblossem's decree long before the democrats even began tossing spitballs.

Had Bush started with a Democrat majority in Congress and 30-something approval ratings... he might have aspired and succeeded in being a medicore president. Instead 911 gave him numbers in the 90s, and this combined with the enabelers on Capitol hill conspired to make him a turd-sandwich of possibly historic proportions.

I just hope that the dem congress doesn't doom Obama to the same fate... which it won't IFF he truly does try to rule from the center and expand his mandate by drawing in centrists from the opposition.
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote