View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 12:47 PM   #55
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX View Post
i really hope zach thomas comes back. that guy is a beast. He was in like every tackle this year. He's always in the mix. I dont think he was injured much this year either.

Anybody got news on him?

Zach Thomas Doesn't Expect To Return

link

PHILADELPHIA - Zach Thomas wants to continue playing football, but said he probably won't be back with the Cowboys next season.

After 12 years with the Miami Dolphins, Thomas signed a four-year contract with the Cowboys on Feb. 28, though the final three years were voided because he reached playing time incentives. He started 13 games at the team's Will position, the weak inside linebacker. It was a homecoming for Thomas, a native of Pampa, Texas, but not one that worked out exactly as he had hoped.

"I want to come back, but it's hard to do something for 12 years, play a position, and then try to change to make it work . . . I'm really out of my comfort zone playing a different position," said Thomas, who was a middle linebacker in 4-3 defenses with the Dolphins, and the Mike, the strong-side middle linebacker when Miami ran a 3-4. "But when you've got Bradie James at Mike already, who's All-Pro, he had a great year. There's no pushing him out."

After missing most of 2007 with a sinus issue, Thomas was credited with 166 tackles in his first season with the Cowboys. He had two stops in the 44-6 Cowboys loss to Philadelphia on Sunday. A seven-time Pro Bowler, Thomas generally came off the field in passing situations this season for nickel linebacker Kevin Burnett. Thomas said Burnett, who will also be a free agent on March 1, would be a good fit for the Cowboys' Will spot. He said he was happy for the chance to play with James, DeMarcus Ware and the team's defensive line, and praised the Cowboys defensive coaches.

Thomas said he didn't regret signing with the Cowboys, but will weigh his options in the off-season.

"I got to come back and be close to my family, my grandpa and all that, so it was well worth it," Thomas said. "I wish things would have worked out better. I feel like I've got some time to play, and I don't feel like I'm a one-down player, either."

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 01-14-2009 at 12:47 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote