View Single Post
Old 09-13-2006, 02:45 PM   #8
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
to each their own, i guess. i loved Garden State. just out of curiosity, what don't you like about it?

i never saw Crash, so can't speak to haggis' writing ability, i included that because a lot of people liked crash. But at the very least, he didn't come up with the idea for the movie itself, he adapted the screenplay.
Braff's acting is rather poor, and the complete embrace of the film by everyone under 30 (maybe 25) as a film that "speaks to them" disgusted me. It's a decent film, but I don't find it to be great.

Soundtrack is great, Natalie Portman is cute as all hell, but the movie just gets more "meh" every time I see it.

(Full disclosure: I own "Garden State" (bought myself) and "Crash" (gift).

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote