View Single Post
Old 09-14-2006, 12:34 AM   #14
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterChaffy
I can still appreciate many films upon repeat viewings. Even if the initial feeling isn't there (emotional resonance, as I've used it before), there are still formal elements of film making that are interesting. Plus, other films don't exactly make me think less of them the more I watch them, I just might be less interested. I notice things I dislike every new time I watch Garden State.

On the other hand, I still find new things to appreciate about Citizen Kane, The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, etc.
I've got the Garden State disc, and one day soon I am hoping to find the time to watch it. But Chaff, if you hold every film up to Kane, and the Good, Bad, etc..., you are going to be disappointed way more often than not, aren't you? I mean, there can only be so many classics, else they wouldn't be classics.

Can you conceive of another category: not classic, but respectable?

I have not seen "Garden State," so I cannot speak. I do, however, dig the shit out of Natalie Portman. It's pretty much the only reason I own the disc.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote