View Single Post
Old 12-20-2008, 09:59 AM   #57
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov View Post
It has all to do with mental state. Professional sports is 80%mental and 20%physical. So dont give me that mess about mental state has nothing to do with it. On paper, we have enough talent to compete as a contender from the 1 to 6 slot, which means only a piece or two is needed to compete. I think the larger issue is the mental state of this team. I think it is mental fatigue going on in addition to the 20% physical play. Dont know what is going on behind the scenes, but I would guess there is a bunch of pointing fingers and whatnots...
As I've said for a while now (well, post Kidd trade)...this team needs to be blown up. That includes trading Dirk. I'd love to see him retire a Mav, but it isn't fair to him to keep him on a team that has no chance to win it all. We need to trade our guys for youth, draft picks, and expiring contracts. Unfortunately we don't have a pick next year so we can't do a 2010 plan where we get a top pick and a top FA. The sooner we blow this team up, the better so we can get more picks and possibly pick up someone good in 2010. There are enough good players going around in 2010 that teams wont have enough money to sign them all. Someone will be underpaid if as people people switch teams as expected.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote