View Single Post
Old 05-02-2014, 12:37 PM   #140
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute
Default "Now Ricky Mahorn's just talkin' to him!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Why would you think I have any problem with a gay owner or female owner?
For starters, because of this:
Quote:
I f'ing cannot stand that worthless piece of sh!t.
in response to this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack.Kerr
Oprah Winfrey and David Geffen reportedly in queue of potential buyers for Clippers franchise.

Oprah would be a great owner. Go to a Clippers game, look under your chair, find her latest book recommendation.
Quote:
I have absolutely no problem with either.
Please forgive my skepticism, because there's also this, as a followup:

Quote:
Yes, I think Oprah Winfrey is a minority that actually detracts from those suffering from actual racism with some of her comments especially with regards to Obama. I also think she is a self serving person that gives more for the sake of attention than for the sake of giving. The Ticket used to do some funny bits regarding her. When she'd have a guest on talking about their charity, Oprah would always cut them off and one up them. To me, that screams is someone that does something for self serving reasons. Yes, it's obviously still good for the recipient, but it rings just a little bit hollow. The world is absolutely full of people such as this. Many people give with sincerity in their heart. Many people give for their own personal gain. Oprah, to me, gives for her own personal gain... it helps the ratings of the show and paints her in a more favorable light. Perhaps I am overly cynical with regards to her. ... I would have have absolutely no issue with a female owner. I would have no issue with a gay owner.. I would have no issue with a gay/female/african american owner although I do prefer my gay females to be caucasian.
You began by interjecting an utterly gratuitous personal comment (attack?), which could've been about either Winfrey or Geffen, but somehow coming from you I knew it was about the former, not the latter.

Then you fall flat on your butt with an utterly contradictory (and unconvincing): "But I'd have no problem with either.", when you'd just Touretted: "I f'ing cannot stand that worthless piece of sh!t."

If the female owner is Winfrey (as per the original post), is it your position that while you "...f'ing cannot stand that worthless piece of sh!t." , you'd have no problem with her as an NBA owner? That's not credible. I mean, while I doubt the NBA Board of Governors will take your objections into account in any event, if it matters to you enough to decry her as a "worthless piece of sh!t", then logically you'd prefer not to see her as an NBA owner.

It's kind of like having said that you have no problem with gays/lesbians, you just don't want to see them marrying one another; or that while you know homosexuality is immoral you don't have any problem with them getting married; --the latter statement negates the believability of the former.

You then go on to offer a contrived justi-fiction of why you dislike Winfrey in an attempt to back away from the obvious reason that she's African-American, but even then, you can't resist closing with this Sterling-esque flourish:
Quote:
although I do prefer my gay females to be caucasian.
while elsewhere citing a similar distaste for other African-Americans:

Quote:
...but you do see alot of prevalent African Americans cry racism at the drop of a hat. She is one. I cannot stand people like that. Oprah Winfrey, Jim Brown, John Wiley Price, Jessie Jackson..all disgusting human beings that do more to further the gap between races.
Quote:
But, it is merely based on what I have seen, heard, and read concerning her and nothing else.
And that's exactly how I've formed my perception and opinion of you--based on what I've seen and read not ABOUT you, but directly FROM you. I'd say there's more than enough basis in this thread alone to respond to (not attack) your obviously racially-tinged world view, but if that weren't enough, you have made over 38,000 posts in this forum over 13 years. (I know you'd have even more posts, except for the bannings.) I'm pretty sure I've had you on 'Ignore' for at least part of the time I've been here because your comments were so odious and empty, but in a mistaken gesture of generosity, I apparently clean-slated you at some point. (Fortunately, there's an easy fix for that. Note: NSFW, but when you go to add the name "Murphy3" to your "Ignore List", there's quite an interesting number of 'variants' that appear. Clearly Murphy3's reputation exceeds him.) Even allowing for how people can evolve over 13 years, I know more about your thoughts on race than I do either of my two next-door neighbors.

In closing, I just have to point out the irony of you on the one hand articulating your visceral disgust over a list of African-Americans pointing out racism where you disagree (choose to ignore) that it exists, and on the other hand you railing at being "attacked" without basis, where clearly basis exists for a response (not an attack). Basis, there is plenty.

Last edited by Jack.Kerr; 05-02-2014 at 01:05 PM.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote