View Single Post
Old 06-24-2016, 07:14 AM   #106
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilersXL View Post
Hi! I'm a first time poster and Purdue fan here. He's actually not raw at all. He's pretty well-developed skill-wise. His basketball IQ isn't great but I think it's good enough for now and can continue to get better.

Yes, it is believed that he doesn't "love" the game but I think he's learned to realize that this is his meal-ticket (he's naturally built for it) and it showed this past season, as he was very consistent as a senior. He can shoot out to college 3PT range as well, but you don't really want him doing that unless he's wide-open. He has very good shot-blocking instincts and weirdly, he blocks almost all of his shots using his left hand even though he's a right-handed player.

Here's some highlights on him from this past season (Note: his weight is more in the 250-260 range, not 280 as listed in the video):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWHEr6ja_pg

I hope this helps you guys have more insight on him.
Well I say he's raw because the biggest knock on him is that he was 23 dominating against 18 year olds. I don't see that as a knock but they believe the jump from 18-19 year old collegiate guys to NBA veterans is going to be big.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote