View Single Post
Old 09-06-2003, 02:17 AM   #9
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Sources: Maurice Clarett season may be over

He probably deserves to be suspended, and Ohio State placed on some type of disciplinary action, but I was hoping he would be allowed to play for the greater good of the game. If he sues the NFL and wins, college football will never be the same. It may not be fair to the student athlete, but I could care less. As a fan, I like seeing the same schools dominate year in and year out. I like the fact that when a kid is drafted, I know who he is because I have followed him for at least three years. Most importantly I like the level of play in college football. I grew up a huge college basketball fan, and I still watch it more than most, but the level of play has dropped so much that it's hard to watch sometimes.

I still find it hard to believe that he will challenge the NFL and win. There are too many people making too much money from college football. Plus the NFL will fight to the death to protect is feeder system. Weather it's somebody getting in his ear and changing his mind, or a judge who is a college football fan making it hard on him, I don't think it will happen.