View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 03:49 PM   #39
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Yeah, it would seem like getting him out of CF would be in the Rangers interest, long term, for Hamilton.

It'll be interesting to see the whole process with Lee. The Yankees just flat out can afford to outbid the competition. They DESPERATELY need him if they're keeping the same cast of characters because they are old. Pitching upgrades will be necessary for them, whether or not they're younger or older.
If he could play 1B adequately, sure, I would be for that and instead of keeping Vlad get an outfielder that could have close to Vlad's production while around his same compensation. Then you could move Young to DH and bring in Beltre like I am praying for. Won't happen, but I do know Hamilton likely won't be cool with a permanent DH spot and just like Washington already decided in the playoffs you go with the guy that gives your team the best chance to win. Playing Josh in the outfield gives us the best chance to win because he is terrific defensively. With that said, he is just about as prone to get hurt in LF as he is in CF because of his Rusty Greer-mentality. He dives for anything and everything and will always do that so while CF might be slightly more risky for the guy, either way you have to live with the chance that he will get injured.