View Single Post
Old 07-03-2015, 07:38 PM   #51
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

What I see looking ahead is the mavs running a system pretty similar to the peak Dwight magic or at least having that as an option. Dj as a rim runner surrounded by potentially absolutely elite shooting(btw I saw on nba tv they listed shooting as something the mavs need to acquire, does that seem as crazy to anyone else as it does to me?) I think jordans absolute dominance on the boards allows us to run out a Jordan/parsons/Anderson/Matthews with whomever we end up with at point and/or rj subbing in for Anderson or Wes.

If Anderson's shooting is what it was in college last year this is an absolutely elite shooting team after years of always having at least two players that couldn't shoot a lick on the court at all times.

Also for all the talk of Jordan losing paul, he's gaining Rick Carlisle. No coach in basketball does a better job of using athletic rim runners than Carlisle. He turned brandan wright into an elite offensive option. Jordan is wright plus 40 lb, elite rebounding and near elite defense.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote