View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 07:31 PM   #10
Popeye

Popeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to behold

What i got from that article is that the ability to hit last second shots is about the single most overrated thing in the NBA. How many times have we heard that the mavs need to trade Dirk for a player like Lebron or Kobe who can make the clutch shots to win -- well, they're 34% and 25% respectively.

I think these stats are pretty telling overall. I wish they would filter out the desperation heaves (maybe take out shots from further than 30 feet out), but overall, this is probably a pretty good sample. I do think superstars should "defer" to other player's more down the stretch, even though the fans/media would probably criticize them if they did.
Popeye is offline   Reply With Quote