View Single Post
Old 03-20-2016, 10:54 PM   #164
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Haven't some of you ever heard of forcing the coach to play a player? That is exactly what Salah did today. If you want minutes, then you have to make your presence on the court so known that the coach has to play you. Rick isn't ditching Salah...he is challenging him. And he can't just promise him minutes because then it sends a bad message to Anderson.

Am I the only one who gets this?
That's exactly what I think he is doing. Like I said he has guys that he'll play no matter what and the rest he picks through to see if they can produce. That's why he always says they have to be ready.

The problem I have with that strategy is the demoralizing effect it can have on a young player if the leash is too short. I think Rick's leash is a little too short because guys have to work through their mistakes.
A win-now strategy isn't exactly a healthy way to develop young players imo.

Last edited by rimrocker; 03-20-2016 at 10:55 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote