View Single Post
Old 03-20-2016, 11:21 PM   #166
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
That's exactly what I think he is doing. Like I said he has guys that he'll play no matter what and the rest he picks through to see if they can produce. That's why he always says they have to be ready.

The problem I have with that strategy is the demoralizing effect it can have on a young player if the leash is too short. I think Rick's leash is a little too short because guys have to work through their mistakes.
A win-now strategy isn't exactly a healthy way to develop young players imo.
If Anderson had played well today, then I would 100% agree with you. However, Rick gave Anderson and Mejri big chances today and only one took advantage of it. What happens if the next game Mejri plays like crap and Anderson plays great? What does a coach decipher from that?

The reason the FO is in win-now mode is because Dirk is still playing like a god. I got it more than ever today watching his greatness in person. I didn't even care if the team lost. The fans are there for Dirk. The end.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote