View Single Post
Old 03-21-2016, 12:06 AM   #167
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
If Anderson had played well today, then I would 100% agree with you. However, Rick gave Anderson and Mejri big chances today and only one took advantage of it. What happens if the next game Mejri plays like crap and Anderson plays great? What does a coach decipher from that?

The reason the FO is in win-now mode is because Dirk is still playing like a god. I got it more than ever today watching his greatness in person. I didn't even care if the team lost. The fans are there for Dirk. The end.
You actually sort of make my point with Anderson. Anderson made one mistake and we never saw him again. Anderson may not get a chance for a while or the rest of the season with Rick.

I understand Rick is in it to win and that is the general mindset of the organization as a whole and probably should be with Dirk. I don't disagree with that strategy but my point is that asking guys to be ready at any time works better for vets than inexperienced players trying to grow. Too much of that can make young players virtually worthless going forward because they'll be afraid to do anything and their confidence will be shot.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote