View Single Post
Old 03-21-2016, 08:14 AM   #172
DGM
Banned

DGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
Agree. I remember McGee contributing very solid minutes earlier in the season and not getting rewarded for it. He's big, athletic and healthier now than he's been in years. The Mavs NEED the length and shot blocking/altering ability that he and Mejri bring, especially in light of Dirk's defensive liability. Dirk is much better defensively with a rim protector behind him. There is less chance of him getting caught in no man's land if he's got the confidence that there's a legitimate obstacle to the basket behind him.

I'm very happy that Carlisle was able to coach the Mavs to a championship in 2011, but I'm at the point to where if he doesn't significantly change his rotations and minutes, especially at C, then I'd be all on board with inviting him to look for a job elsewhere.
Did you see RC's quote about high flying shot blocking not being in the Mavs DNA. Blazers guards were deterred from going to the basket with Mejri lurking. It also allowed the backcourt to guard tighter with the rim protector behind them. Shot blockers create uncertainty for the other team's offense. For some reason RC does not value these guys.

Last edited by DGM; 03-21-2016 at 08:19 AM.
DGM is offline   Reply With Quote