View Single Post
Old 04-13-2022, 11:00 AM   #59
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

[
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Maybe it's just me but I don't see Dallas winning more than 1 game in Utah doing this series and that's if they win a road game at all.

Let's not forget they have lost like 15 straight games up in Utah so it'll be imperative that Dallas maintains HCA throughout this series.
I'm not nearly so worried as you are about the Mavs playing in Utah in the playoffs. During the regular season, they play all the games pretty close to sea level. Then, 3 or 4 times a year, they jump up to nearly 5000 ft altitude to play in Denver and Salt Lake City. They fly in in the wee hours, play that night and leave. They have no time to acclimate to it. In the playoffs, they can come in a couple of days early to get used to it.

Last year, the Jazz beat the Clips the first two games in Utah, but lost the last two.

More importantly, after being embarrassed by the way Gobert defended him, Luka got better. In the 2nd game, they held him to 24 points, shooting 8 of 24 with Gobert switching on him a lot. Next time they met, Luka scored 35 and seemed to be hunting Gobert to prove he could beat the big guy, just like he did with Giannis last week. So if Luka is playing by the time they get to Utah, I say advantage Mavs, no matter what the altitude.

Last edited by G-Man; 04-13-2022 at 11:02 AM.
G-Man is offline   Reply With Quote