View Single Post
Old 08-07-2003, 07:56 AM   #13
FiZth

FiZth is a glorious beacon of lightFiZth is a glorious beacon of lightFiZth is a glorious beacon of lightFiZth is a glorious beacon of lightFiZth is a glorious beacon of lightFiZth is a glorious beacon of lightFiZth is a glorious beacon of lightFiZth is a glorious beacon of light
Default Where can I get Dallas Mavericks game's?

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dirk41= konsesjonen
Try E-bay, see if anyone is selling any.
Oh, and any update on the ship you'll found in Estonia, The Russalka - Russian for mermaid??
It was the first ironclad used by the Czars of Russia. My sources have told me Estonians have still been leaving buoquets honoring the dead sailors, what a mighty ship it was.
Friday—July 25, 2003
TALLINN-HELSINKI (CITY PAPER) Estonian researchers say they've located the Russian naval ship Russalka—one of the earliest armored vessels of the age—that sank in the Baltic Sea 110 years ago killing 177 sailors. A 1902 Estonian monument to the Russalka, a bronze angel holding aloft a crucifix and tilting it toward the ship's watery grave, is a popular tourist sight in Tallinn; some Estonian newly weds leave bouquets at its granite base to honor the sailors who died.
Built in 1868, the Russalka, or Mermaid in Russian, was one of the first so called iron-clads in the navy of the Russian Empire, to which Estonia belonged in the 19th century. It is said to have taken part in several key Russian naval battles. One of its last ports of call before it perished was Tallinn, though it was never determined just why or how it sank.
Divers this week videotaped the wreckage 25 kilometers from Helsinki and were later able to positively identify it as the Russalka; it lay some 75 meters below the surface. "We can say with 100 percent certainty that the shipwreck we found is the Russalka," the head of the Estonian- and Finnish- funded expedition, captain Vello Mass, was quoted as saying in Friday's edition of Postimees. He said the Estonians and Finns would first notify Russian authorities about the discovery before deciding whether to carry out salvage operations.
The Estonians, along with several Finnish researchers, spent over a month trying to locate the wreck. Early expeditions by other scientific teams failed to find it.

link where is the Russalka monument picture: http://www.aktivist.ee/russalka/inde...Id=166&lang=en

That's all what I know about the Russalka
FiZth is offline   Reply With Quote