View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 05:50 PM   #7
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
Thanks man, glad you decided to do it. I'm telling you, you are moving into a wide open market. There's a couple of Ranger podcasts, a couple of Cowboys podcasts, but the field is empty when it comes to the Mavs.

As for some input, an hour show every week recapping and giving your opinion, maybe breaking down each game briefly when we get to the season, that would be my preference. In fact, if it was totally up to me, two 45-60 minute shows a week would be the best, but I understand that might be hard on you, and anything you could bring would be welcomed.

Definately try to get interviews...I've thought you've done a solid job podcasting solo in Ballin with Bryan when you've had to, but its hard to match two people interacting, be it an interview or two cohosts or a guest host or whatever. It'd be awesome if you could get another D-M or DB or MM poster to come on the show just to give another opinion, but that's obviously out of your control. I know that's not something I could do...even if I had the right computer set up and the time, I do not have a podcasting voice at all.

That's everything off the top of my head.
I'm thinking the earliest my format would change towards all Mavericks would be late September when training camp starts, but I might wait until the season starts.

The thing with my show is it's 2 hours, it's the standard for what I paid for haha. So I could easily have the first hour be a recap of the previous week and then the 2nd hour previews what's coming ahead and other stories related to the team scattered in each hour. Now the thing I can do: I can edit the show and split it in half. Those who only really care about looking backwards over the previous week can download that one, while others who wanna look forward and etc can download the other one. It's still something to tinker with.

As for interviews, I'm going to keep working on building contacts in and around the organization. That's going to be a work in progress too. I could definitely see some contributions from people on here as well. It definitely would help make it more dynamic to have a co-host on board with me. If it can't be consistent, maybe just a revolving door of guys who come in when it works best for them.

Just thinking...