View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 08:47 PM   #8
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I'm thinking the earliest my format would change towards all Mavericks would be late September when training camp starts, but I might wait until the season starts.

The thing with my show is it's 2 hours, it's the standard for what I paid for haha. So I could easily have the first hour be a recap of the previous week and then the 2nd hour previews what's coming ahead and other stories related to the team scattered in each hour. Now the thing I can do: I can edit the show and split it in half. Those who only really care about looking backwards over the previous week can download that one, while others who wanna look forward and etc can download the other one. It's still something to tinker with.

As for interviews, I'm going to keep working on building contacts in and around the organization. That's going to be a work in progress too. I could definitely see some contributions from people on here as well. It definitely would help make it more dynamic to have a co-host on board with me. If it can't be consistent, maybe just a revolving door of guys who come in when it works best for them.

Just thinking...
Ohhh....I thought you were saying you'd start another podcast entirely and still have BwB be BwB. My bad. So if some of the stuff didn't make sense, that's why.

Hmm. Like you mentioned splitting the 2 hour into two back to back parts, if you still wanted to do an hour of NBA talk and an hour of Mavs talk...if you wanted I think that might work. But that's all up to you.

If it is going to be 2 hours of all Mavs, I'd probably just set up a list of five or six topics to get to. If the first and last topic are going to be recap and looking forward, then go for it. I don't think you need to stress each one to be an hour each and fill up the entire show. That is, as long as you don't split them into half and half. I'm not sure that's the greatest idea...if its all a Mavericks podcast, then I think people would be interested in both halves.

Just throwing some ideas out there. Hope it helps.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote