Thread: A Real Man
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 02:55 PM   #9
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiles
Out of 20+ comparisons, only 5 were directed at people who dislike the war (&/or troops). Clearly, it is a testament of all that we have to appreciate in this country. I think we are to assume that if some of the comparisons listed above didn't pertain to us, then we're supposed to skip over to the ones that do (I don't call in sick over a headache any more than I make fun of a soldier).

The purpose of the "list" is clearly intended to honor the GIs for the luxuries their sacrifices have given us. It is not our place to turn this thread into an opportunity to spout our opions and ideologies about current foreign policy stratgies, etc.

Let's just allow the troops a little credit and honor, and save our opinions for another time and place (if you please).
Well said.

Cheers.