Thread: A Real Man
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2006, 12:09 PM   #18
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

Arne, I don't understand your point, it seems like a "random thoughts" response.

that, said this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Let me make sure to preface this with things like IMO, and "to me it seems," and "the way I feel is" that if people say they support the troops, and not the war, That's a bunch of crap. (IMO). For everyone who says that; theres a brave guy over there who believes in why he is there. He believes in the war. To say they support him and not the war, is contradictory.

People who protest the war, do the soldiers a disservice. If they dont like the war, that's fine. There are plenty of reasons to not like the war. Just dont follow it with "but I support the troops." No you don't, you think their cause is unjust. You disrespect them.

(ok, start flaming me now....)
is utter and coplete total bs. period.

You can't support individuals who have signed up to support our country - no questions asked--- and simultaneously question the wisdom of how they are being used?

Certainly not the exact same thing, but similar reasoning: if my sister is a dutiful wife and I find out her husband is cheating on her, am I "disrespecting" (a word I hate, by the way) her by calling him a scumbag?
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote