Thread: A Real Man
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2006, 11:58 AM   #26
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
If by not the exact same thing, you mean completely different you are exactly right. If you want to make that an analogous situation, it would be if he had said that insulting the president was disrespecting the troops. Now insulting the president would be a whole different set of questions but im just pointing out that your analogy is as you would put it complete and utter bs. Period.

I actually agree with flaco on this point(mostly but it can get a little murky in certain situations). I dont really see how you can say you support the troops(which would mean wanting them to win) and then saying i disagree with all of what they do.

If you want a more relevant analogy(though on a much different scale), it would be like saying, I support the cowboys. Now i hope the redskins beat them. Just doesnt make any sense does it?
No, your analogy sucks.

(but btw, as a redskin's fan I CAN say I always liked Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman, AND i wanted them to lose every single game. THis is actually fact. Reality. go figure.... but your analogy still sucks)

Ignore analogies, look at the real situation. NOBODY says they want the troops to lose. nobody. I appreciate the fact that they stand ready to defend my ability to make jokes/ignore my parents/have fluffy pillows/eat tasty meals/etc.../. I'm damn glad we as a country have them. I want them healthy. But moreover since they are there I want them to SUCCEED at their objective. That said it wasn't a good idea to send them over, and the handling of their mssion over there has been attrocious.

I support the troops, both in general and in hoping they succeed in getting the best possible results from this current mission. AND I think the doinks moving the pieces around on teh chessboard are failing them. they are not contradictory.
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote