Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2018, 09:08 AM   #1039
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
The argument about improving draft stock never made much sense to me. The difference between 8&18 is like 1.3m. I’m approximating. Plus you delay FA by one year. Like Marcus Smart’s decision to stay an extra year could cost him millions upon millions. RFA is delayed, CBA changes and teams are pinched. Smart may have to settle for a significantly smaller deal than he could’ve signed last summer.
That was only part of my argument. We don't know what, if any feedback, he was getting. We only had a few mocks have him in the first round and that may have been premature.

The crux of his decision is likely skill based. He realizes he needs to work on several parts of his game and feels Arkansas is a better place for that at this time in his life. We can all argue NBA coaching or G league is better, but I'll never know as I haven't and won't ever be in the same position.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote