Thread: Now what?
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2022, 03:06 PM   #532
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
This reply is for all of you that did reply to me...

You need to understand that the "current" champs have won FOUR (4!) of them since 2015. That is an obvious core you throw hundreds of millions at to keep the window open. Last year's Mavs team and certainly not Brunson is NOT what you go deep into the luxury tax for...

I think you all do, as I think we are all pretty smart, above average Mavs fans here. But some are getting caught up in emotions.
Thank you for calming me down. The fact is that every night I pray to God that Mark Cuban has sufficient money to buy groceries and feed his family. His projected $4.7 Billion net worth, doesn't go far in today's economic landscape with inflation and all.

And it's not so much about JB and what his salary should be, given his abilities. It's the bluster from Cuban that he is not going to let JB go, he will pony up the money, and its really only a matter of does JB want to be a Maverick. And then, you don't even match the offer made by the Knicks? It's a bad look and it makes the Mavs look like they are not serious about building a championship team. Again, I think he should have offered 5 yrs and $125M. JB would have said 'no" (I'm guessing). But at least you did what said you were going to do.