View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 02:54 PM   #42
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Funny, because that Barea thread was in response to what people were talking about in another thread altogether - it's the perfect example of a needless thread.

Not only that, but it was a confusing thread title since all the other "appreciation" threads going up were for recently-traded players - that's why there's about a dozen posts in that thread where people thought Barea was being traded.

And really - why the hell were we talking about JJB in the middle of giant trade that had nothing to do with him? Oh, I know - because the original poster wanted to create a "look at me" moment to declare his love for a player who has become completely irrelevant on this squad...

Yeah, thanks for wasting my time.
You can do better than that. I think we should let this community decide whether or not it's the way to go to discuss (or even, God forbid, appreciate) JJB instead of immediately declaring this or any other thread as not worthy of being existent at all and thus discourage users from starting new threads in general. If the community wants to discuss something, it will discuss it and thereby justify the new thread. If the community doesn't want to, the thread will go down pretty soon.

Again, I pretty much love the fact that this forum's discussions are structured the way they are. However, I don't have a problem with new threads as long as they make sense and lead to an interesting debate. That's why we should all be interested in not creating an environment that keeps readers and potential contributors from starting new threads simply because of being afraid of some sort of backlash from other (established) users.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote