View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 03:22 PM   #51
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesVE View Post
Man, I couldn't agree more. I've always thought that was a little odd about this forum as the forum I'm primarily on is an auto forum with nearly 100k members with LOTS of "newbies" and over there we don't discourage new threads or prefer meandering 10+ page threads, either. I've been there ten years now so maybe it's just what I'm used to. But still.

It's really hard to follow along the threads here unless you were literally in on them from their conception. Then if you miss a day or two, you have to read 10 pages to catch up so it's pointless. And if you weren't in on a thread from its conception, and it's a meandering 10 page type, then there's not really any natural human desire to care to read through the whole thing (unless you have no life, as stated). Plus, all the semi-crazy superstition thread rituals/procedures here..

Nonetheless, I guess that's why I have hardly any posts here, and in that regard I'm a n00b but that's still just my $.02
You know I wouldn't mind a 10-page thread if I had an option to get all of the pages at once and then when I come back to it, it puts me back where I was reading. It does get to be a pain when you sort of have to search for your own thread "bookmark".
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 02-15-2010 at 05:57 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote