View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 07:12 PM   #67
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

So harsh Murph, so harsh.

The bottom line is this: After discussing this ad nauseum in the past, we've relaxed on keeping things in threads that already exist. If you want to make a new thread, fine. Whoever started the stupid Barea thread certainly felt fine about it. And all we did was mock the thread.

But honestly, what are we supposed to do about a thread like the Butler thread? It started as a general trade thread. Then the news on Butler specifically accelerated very suddenly, and it very organically became a thread about the Butler trade. Now, we are accused all the time of over-moderating. Should we have shut down that thread and forced everyone to an "Official Caron Butler trade thread" thread? That would strike me as over moderation.

The complaints in the past have been about generic threads where several conversations are going on at once. That is not the case with the Butler thread. It's very focused, it just happens to be very long. So what are we supposed to do? Make a new thread for it every day? Spawn a new thread after a certain post count? That would be stupid.

And honestly, I'm generally completely open to discuss things like this, but starting a complaint thread and then insulting regular posters with crap like "those of us that have a life" is pretty idiotic in my opinion.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 02-15-2010 at 07:15 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote