View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 09:43 PM   #78
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Stress, I completely understand your concerns. Here are a few of the issues:
1. Many of the guys that posted heavily at this site no longer do so. They had a huge impact on the quality of the board. And honestly, the board suffers without it.
2. There's not nearly as many interesting threads going on at one time. Now, there's maybe only a couple. A few years back, there might have been 4-5+ strong threads going at any one time.
3. Yes, part of the reason as to why there are fewer threads has been due to a concerted effort by some to "streamline" the forum to meet their needs. Yes, many of the guys that have been around for quite awhile don't like it..but, let's be honest... the guys that put this forum on the map don't really have nearly the same impact on this forum that they once had. Why? Unfortunately, people move on. Personally, I still love dallas-Mavs.com, but I just don't have the time to dedicate to it anymore. I used to have a job in which I worked 70-80 hours a week..but, I would have the freedom to stop down for some Dallas-Mavs.com time just about any time I wanted. That's not the case for me in my current working situation. So yeah, the forum is now ran by a bunch of guys that are iffy on their b'ball and mavs knowledge... but, hey, they're damn good with Tags.

So, it sucks, but it's up to the long time members to actually change it. I accept responsibility for the change... But, I don't necessarily have the time to change what the forum has become.
I believe there's a picture of a nun next to the term "high horse" in the dictionary.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote