Thread: The Obama Boom.
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 03:26 PM   #27
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arne View Post
How can somebody as stupid as this guy get into congress?

"the greater the national debt the greater the wealth of the nation"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjbPZ...dailypaul.com/
That was a great link!!!

I checked out a few more of Jan's interviews...some good stuff.

I'm sure he or others have these types of interviews where they trip the interviewee up...regardless of ideological background.

This is a great example of how the media works and how they can spin a story, an interview, soundbites or anything else to say what they want them to say.

There is no doubt in my mind that CNN, FOXNews, MSNBC, and all other news outlets have there own agenda with what they are presenting to the people.

Imagine for a moment, if all the networks spent 8 years showing us Jan type interviews that made 'D' look like bafoons...while showing little of the bad interviews for any other party...I am willing to bet that the 'D' candidates around the nation would get voted out Unanomously...

The same can be said if an overwhelming majority of the media decided to portray "R" in a negative light, while being softball to the "D" party.

This link you gave is like looking at the media through a microscope and showing just how much power they have.

At the end of the day, I doubt seriously that any of us on this board are truly informed when it comes to our government, the officials we elect, the policies that effect each and everyone of us.

I would love to see an election where we NEVER SEE or HEAR The candidate, but rather...we can read about how the candidates voted on bills and the reasons they voted the way they did.

I don't want to kno if they are D or R or something else. I don't want to know their name. I don't want to see them or hear them...I just want to know the facts about how they vote, and the reason they voted the way they did...or if they didn't vote the reason they chose not to vote.

I don't want to know if they are Christian or not, I don't want to know if they are Man or Woman...Gay or Straight...nor do I want to know what their cultural heritage is or was.

I simply want to know who the political decisions they have made in their various positions that they have worked in.

This woudl eliminate Rhetoric, this would eliminate race, gender, faith...basically it would bring it down to the individual and how they vote on the job.

I would think that a voting record would be THE most important qualification of politicians, yet it appears to be the least reviewed item.

Today is more about rhetoric and social affiliation than it is about the job itself.

I'm willing to bet that many of us on this board who passionately disagree with what we see, would actually vote for the same candidate if we only knew them as a number and how they voted.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote