View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 06:50 PM   #96
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk View Post
Anyway. If Caron does not return until the end of March we can punt the season. That´s it.
Sorry, but no. While Caron was definitely playing better after the rough start, he wasn't really an impact player for us. His advanced stats - or the good old eye test for that matter - doesn't really indicate that Butler was even our fourth most important player.

Dirk, Kidd, and Chandler's impact definitely more valuable to this team than his, after that, i would surely put Marion ahead him (Marion's +- numbers i think also a lot better than Butler's, i know, i know...) he's really not a special defender, and he's a mediocre scorer at this point in his career.

He can't really get to the line, his improved long ball was valuable to us though, i give you that. Marion, imo is a much more impactful player. So are we really doomed? No, not really. Let's see the candidates. Jackson? A much better playmaker and defender than Butler. Igoudala? A much better defender and penetrator.

Wallace? A much better defender, a better rebounder, and a more efficient scorer. I'm not saying we have a great chance at all of those players. But i think we can definitely trade for Jackson, without giving up Roddy. Wallace, and Igoudala? Well, those are tougher to get i think. I know i don't want Rip Hamilton, that's for sure.

Just want to add, i didn't want to bash Caron, he's just not that impactful (if that's a word) in my book, and i think there are realistically obtainable players out there, who are better fits, and can make this team even better.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote